Thursday, January 30, 2014

His perfect way

This God—his way is perfect;

the word of the Lord proves true;

he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.


The whole time I've been gearing up for this trip I've known it was in Gods plan for me to go. But now that I only have 22 days left to go I'm freaking out! I keep asking Jon "what was I thinking???" Then I remember it wasn't me. I was not the one who had this plan all mapped out. So I am going to cling to this verse that says His way is PERFECT.
So the word perfect is an adjective... which if you aren't sure, an adjective is a describing word... it is a word that gives something that attribute. So the word perfect is describing Gods way. What is the definition of perfect you ask?? Well let me just tell you-  
:having no mistakes or flaws: completely correct or accurate:

So here's what we have learned thus far-
*God's way has NO mistakes
**NO flaws
***it is COMPLETELY correct
****it is COMPLETELY accurate.
The word perfect should not be used in a sentence with any humans on this planet. There is only one person or thing that has ever existed that could have this word attributed to them. I typed in the word perfect into google.. just wanted to see what would come up. people. Lots of people, a few celebrities but mostly just people who work out. A LOT. I'm sure if I didn't have a blocker set up on google there would have been some other images of a lot less clothed people, but glad I have that set up. :) Everything on this earth has a flaw, something imperfect about it. 
I can't even fathom what perfect actually is. 

The other word that really sticks out to me while I am battling my anxiety is shield.
When I think of a shield I think of something you'd see in a movie about gladiators and spartans.. Or perhaps Captain America's disc. But when I looked at this verse in the King James version the word is actually Buckler. What in the world is a buckler you ask? Let me teach you your new thing of the day!  :)
A buckler is 
A portable shield;  A shield surrounding the person; A large shield protecting the whole body

It makes me feel good to know that when I dig in and seek refuge and follow His perfect way, He will be my full body armor to protect me. Nobody walks out into the battlefield with out their armor on. You also wouldn't pick the bullet proof vest with holes in it. He has a perfect way for me and as I dig into Him more I can feel His arms shielding me from my own bullets. These thoughts and feelings of anxiousness are not from Him but He can protect me from them if I let Him. Putting my trust in Him fully and all His perfect plans for me.

Thanks husband for sending me to 2 Samuel 22 today <3

No comments:

Post a Comment