Wednesday, January 29, 2014

panic.

This is my panic face.
(excuse the lack of makeup)



Last night I started making videos for Jon to share with the kiddos while I'm gone... bad idea! During every video I had to fight my tears, then take a break before I made the next one. I then tried to make one for Jon. Key word TRIED. His video is approximately 5 seconds long. Lost it. I was already annoyed with my dreads... so I took my panic out on my hair :( and immediately decided they were going. I should have slept on it and waited... but oh well.  They are not totally combed out and my hair is a waxy mess but its too late now. 
I thought I'd wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go... BUT that did not happen. I am now getting my kids schedules all written out and planning the freezer meals I'll be making and finishing up my list of things I still need to get before take off. 

It is quiet time at our house right now so I was able to sit down and get some of my own quiet time in with our Father and He always has a way of settling me down. I am still panicky but not running around ripping my hair out like I was. 
One of my lovely sisters in Christ sent me this scripture today... - Thanks Bizzle :)


You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.

Trust in the LORD forever,

for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.

Did you know that the word PEACE is a noun? Not a describing word but a person, place, or thing. I'm gonna say it is a thing or maybe even a place or ok a person...This was the first definition that popped up for me-

a state of tranquillity or quiet:

So this PERFECT PEACE is something. I can have it. Does this blow anyone else's mind? The feeling of perfect peace is something that God can give to me... like I would give my babies a kiss. It is something that no human can give... I couldn't hand you a bowl of peace and you could take a bite and feel better. But He can. He is almighty and all powerful. You guys!!!! Do you hear me? Peace is a thing, it is a place that only He can take you. wow. No other person can do that. 
Just sitting here working this all out and writing it all down makes me feel amazing. He has got this whole trip in His hands. Yes, I already knew it and I will need reminding every single day until I am back home with my loves... but sheesh. You never know what you'll learn when you sit down and study out a verse.

You should feel my pulse it has slowed waaaay down. 

My head is a crazy place to be inside of... so, sorry if you are catching a little peek.
Praying that we can all find that perfect peace he promises if we trust Him.

Too bad I didn't study this out BEFORE I combed out my dreads!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment