Friday, March 14, 2014

there and back again!

So I have spent the last few days trying to figure out how  I would share what I saw, felt, tasted, smelled and fell in love with... I still haven;t figured that out but thought I'd just start and hopefully you will get a tiny taste of it. So I'm gonna start at the beginning and work my way through day by day.

I can honestly tell you that leaving my family on that Friday night was one of the HARDEST things I have EVER done!! The whole day I was a mess! Too many tears to count! The drop off... what can I even say?! I gave all my hugs and kisses and we had a family prayer at home so that when we got to the church office we wouldn't have to do it in front of everyone. I decided that I would just get out hug the kids and let Jon take them home so they didn't have to see me leave. The whole car was crying!  Jon carried my bags up while I got in the back seat and hugged and kissed my babies again before I left.  I cried when I hugged them and after they pulled away. I walked into the office and they had some of the church family there to pray us off... so I just kept on crying!!  Once we got in the van to head out I had a peace come over me that stayed with me the entire trip. God really held me close so I didn't have any breakdowns the whole trip. It was quite amazing considering the state I was in when I left.
I took a one hour nap before we headed to the airport at 3:30AM and started our journey.

So I thought I would share this first little bit of my journal before we headed out.

Laying on the seats in the airport going between ecstatic and frantic.
I have left behind my heart and feel a little empty.
I so often forget what its like caring for myself and not worrying about someone else's needs.
Going to fill that emptiness with Him. Dig in. Study Him. Love Him. Breathe Him. Walk in His footsteps, and be His hands and feet.
I pray for a whole transformation of the heart, mind and spirit. A feeling of rejuvenation. I want to be His fully.
I pray you open my eyes to your wonders. Reveal yourself to me in ways I can't even imagine.
Be with my family, keep your loving arms around them. Give them comfort and peace as I am gone.

And then we were off! Headed on the most amazing journey with Him guiding our path!






No comments:

Post a Comment